Saturday, July 31, 2010

Zen Cat's Lazy Chicken Chili

Soldier is enjoying an all inclusive trip courtesy of Uncle Sam. He’ll be at “Fort Lost in the Woods” in Misery for a few weeks. Daredevil Princess and I like to enjoy healthy, quick and delicious meals when Soldier is away soldiering. I hate spending too much time in the kitchen during the summer months. Whipping up a meal takes less time than the 40-50 minutes it takes me to get some takeout. (What can I say? I live on the edge of the world, right before the horizon drops off into nothingness.) When I get low on supplies -because I’m too lazy to head into civilization for a few groceries- I come up with some really creative dishes. Like this yummy chicken chili. It serves two by itself or four people with a side of corn bread. (We went with the corn bread.)
Zen Cat’s Lazy Chicken Chili

1 large chicken breast diced
Chili powder
Paprika
1 medium sized onion diced
1 tsp garlic minced
1 14oz can of beans (I used black)
1 10oz can of Rotel Diced Tomato & Green Chilies
(Don’t throw away the liquid from the can of beans or tomatoes. We'll add that too.)
1 chicken bouillon cube
Cholula Hot Sauce Season diced chicken with paprika and chili powder. Put pan on medium to low heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Add diced chicken cook slowly. Add onions and garlic after cooking the chicken through. (Make sure the pan is not too hot so the onions and garlic won’t stick.) Add everything except the hot sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add the hot sauce right five minutes before the chili is finished cooking.

The finished product is delish. I hope you try it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment